I am sure most of you have gotten a pretty good start on your holiday sewing but just in case…I thought I would share with you what Holiday prints are trending and some great patterns to pair with your new fabrics!
Let’s first talk fabric trends for this Holiday season:
- Nutcrackers. Yes, classic and quirky- you’ll be seeing Nutcrackers again this year all over the place! Here are a few of my favorite Nutcracker themed prints:
2. Velvet. This trend is all over ready-to-wear fashion, why not bring it to handmade apparel too? The great part about velvet is that is so soft and cozy. The unfortunate part is that it can be a beast to sew with- be sure to stock up on a walking foot and some hem tape and you’ll be good to go! Here are some great velvets:
3. Non-traditional holiday colors. Out with red and green, this year you’ll be seeing more mints, blush pinks, navy blues and rich golds. Here are some of my favorite fabric collections featuring some of those great non-traditional holiday hues:
4. Winter Florals. Big peonies, poppies and bouquets of mixed blooms are popping up all over holiday themed prints. A fun new collaboration between Hawthorne Threads and Indy Bloom, you won’t want to miss Indy Bloom Christmas! Be sure to grab some of these gorgeous prints in the new Rayon substrate and you’ll love the smooth feel and beautiful drape for apparel.
5. Cozy knits. Handmade loungewear is all the rage this year…because nothing makes that quintessential in-front-of-the-Christmas-tree-on-Christmas-morning photo like the most precious mama-made PJs!
6. Embelished Tulle. Move over crunchy, itchy tulle…fabric manufactures are now offering the most gorgeous embroidered and embellished tulles perfect for the special occasion dress!
What a lovely round up of holiday prints!!! The great thing about most of them is that they are subtly holiday and are great for all winter long!
Now that you’ve done your fabric shopping…let’s take a look at some new patterns that would be perfect for your holiday prints!!!
Let’s start with some comfy jammies!!! Loving this new pattern:
Need a fancy dress pattern for the Nutcracker Ballet, a holiday party or Christmas card photos?? Since there’s always more than one holiday party, be sure to get these both:
As the temperatures drop and you need some velvet coziness in your life, meet Clementine!
Looking to showcase your favorite quilting cottons? Nora, in the puff sleeve option, is so sweet!
There’s not much better than a twirly Velvet dress!!!! The Julianna pattern has the perfect circle skirt for the ultimate twirl factor!
I hope you feel inspired to tackle your holiday sewing projects with some new fabrics, new patterns and some motivation to get things done before Christmas Eve!!!