Hey all!!! Happy Holidays!!! First, let me just start by saying you may need to just copy and paste this link to your significant other if you aren’t the one doing the stockings this year…or just go ahead and click each link below and make yourself a nice wishlist to send to family and friends!! But, if you are one who just purchases for yourself- don’t worry- your secret is safe with me!! Click each photo to take you to my affiliate link.
I wanted to share a few of my favorite small sewing supplies that would make for great stocking stuffer gifts for the creative in your friend or family circle! I hope this is a helpful list and if I’m missing any- feel free to contribute ideas in the comments below!
1. Acrylic Ruler. This will help you be super efficient when cutting rectangle pattern pieces or needing to measure and cut straight lines.
2. Titanium Rotary Cutter blades. If you’re like me and need to get through a few layers of fabric at once- theses bad boys are slick and sharp for the job!!
3. Hot Hemmer. Get an even hemline every time!
4. Walking foot. This varies by sewing machine brand but here’s a good round of up popular ones: Walking foot for sewing machines.
5. Seam Ripper. You can never have too many of these around! I love the silicon cap on this to erase and grab those pesky threads!
6. Tube Turner. Turning those tiny straps out can be troublesome, but not with this handy tool!
7. Bodkins. These will help you thread elastic through casings with ease.
8. Sewing clips. I had a major breakup with sewing pins…and these clips are a game changer, especially when sewing with knits!
9. Pretty Scissors. Sometimes we just want to use something extra fancy…plus they look super chic in an IG photo with your new fabric.
11. Sewing Gauge. If you are constantly battling with buttonholes, this tool will help you evenly space and plan out your buttons!
12. Sewing Mugs. For all those late night, early morning sewing projects, a clever coffee mug can help you push through!
I hope that helps get you inspired for stuffing those stockings for all your sewing friends (or yourself…shhhhhh).